Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Today's music recommendation


So, the other day, Derek and I were talking about how classical music is fading from a lot of today's generation. I had made a comment to a guest that came into Target about Brahms and they had no clue who I was talking about. This was really sad for me since classical music is my life! So, everyday (I will try to post everyday) I will put up a piece that I recommend listening to. Most pieces you can find on YouTube, but if not you can also go to www.naxos.com, sign up for a free membership and listen to it there. :)

Today's recommended piece is:

Peer Gynt, Op. 23 - Morning  by Grieg

I have been listening to this piece a lot today as I am thinking about doing something with programmatic music for my Master's concerts at Binghamton. (Programmatic music is music that was composed to represent a scene, event or mood in the eye (or ear, as the case may be) of the listener). It is a beautiful piece that I think you all will really enjoy! Take a moment out of your day and see if you can visualize the sunrise while listening. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment