Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Life is hard...

This statement probably seems obvious, but lately, there are so many things that just came crashing down at the same time. It's been really hard for Derek and I to juggle everything with coming down from the wedding and the move, getting ready for school, finding jobs, etc. It just seems like one thing after another.

A few weeks after the wedding, Derek's grandfather passed away. This was really hard for Derek and I felt awful because I couldn't go to the funeral, it was my first day of work. :( Yesterday we found out that Derek's grandma (well, our sister-in-law's grandma that everyone called grandma) passed away. We were devastated! Grandma used to come into the campus store all the time to see me and pick up some things. We would see her on campus walking her dog and would go over to visit her from time to time. It's just so hard to believe that she's gone! We really want to be able to go up for the funeral, but with money being so tight, we're not sure what's going to happen. 

Getting old is so difficult. It's hard to see the people that you've looked up to for so long get old, get sick and pass away. I'm not so sure I like this part of growing up...

1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean about not liking this part of growing up. I've thought that for a very long time. My Dan finds is odd that I remember when things happened based on when people died. I agree it is an awful way to remember time.
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete