Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Not wanting to go...

...to work. I'm sure you're had one of those days where the last thing you want to do is go to work. Well, I'm having one of those days. I really like working at Target, but sometimes, I can't stand it! Today would be one of those days. It's gorgeous out, I'm coming down with a cold (thanks to over-active air conditioning in my apartment that our landlords WON'T turn down) and I don't like closing the store. That combination is making it really hard for me to motivate myself! 

I can't wait to start school. I miss music so much!! It's also hard being away from the Houghton area because I still get all the emails from the Buffalo Philharmonic and this is going to be a GREAT season! Their Gala in the fall is featuring Beethoven's 9th!!! How amazing! Also this fall, Joanna Falletta is leading a conducting workshop. :( I won't be able to go because it's the same week that the ballet company is coming to Binghamton University. I'm sad to miss it, but at the same time, I'm really excited to be working with a ballet company!!

In the spirit of ballet, here is your music recommendation for the day:

Tchaikovsky - Swan Lake 

I love the music from Swan Lake! It is so beautiful and watching the ballet along with the music just makes the music come alive even more. You can watch the whole ballet on YouTube, but I've just given you the Dance for Four Small Swans. I love this part. The dancers make it look so efforless, but you know just watching that it's got to be extremely difficult! I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment