Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thunderstorms = evil


I am terrified of thunderstorms!! In my apartment in Nunda, I could hide in the bathroom since there were no windows. But here, there are windows everywhere! I'm better when Derek's with me, but he isn't here right now...of course! So I am hiding in the stair well and writing this blog on my laptop to try and take my mind off of the severe thunderstorm that's taking place outside.

While thinking about what to write and what today's recommended music was going to be, I spent some time listening through a bunch of music in my Itunes. So far I have given you all orchestral music and I thought maybe it's time to give you something else to listen to! One of my favorite new composers is Eric Whitacre. He is an amazing composer that uses lots of interesting chords to create the sound he wants to emphasize the text. He does this a lot in his piece, When David Heard. It is a hauntingly beautiful piece! When listening to it you can hear the angst and weeping that is being described in the text. This piece can be hard to find, so I am going to put a link to it here for you. It is on the long side, but it is so worth listening to the whole thing! The end is just glorious. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I also had thunderstorms on my mind. It looks like NY has had some severe summer weather. Here's my thunderstorm post: http://annasupdates.wordpress.com/2009/07/07/thunder-storms/
    Can I request some violin music?

    Anna Worden

    ReplyDelete